Friday, September 28, 2007

Autumn is Here!



For Toddler Autumn Storytime on Thursday 9/27/07, we sang, I'm a Little Teapot:

(Stand to sing)
I'm a Little Teapot
Short and Stout

Here is my handle (put one hand on hip)

Here is my spout (put arm out forming spout)

When I get all steamed up, here me shout!

Tip me over and pour me out! (Lean over toward arm that forms "the spout")



We also read books, Fall Leaves Fall by Zoe Hall, and Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert.


We read from a big book of Seasons and Weather published by Lakeshore Learning Materials and Written and Illustrated by Christine Corona about the Fall Season:


In the Fall
(To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean")
September, October, November --

I like these three months best of all!

The leaves on the trees all turn golden,

And that's how I know it is fall.


Apples, pumpkins,

Turkey and stuffing to eat, to eat!

School and football

And crunchy leaves under my feet!