Thursday, May 29, 2008

Family Storytime Rhymes




Recently we sang a song at Family Storytime that is an old camp favorite. It's called, "Corner Master Store". It goes like this:

Leader - there were ants

Audience - ants!

L - ants!

A - ants!

L - dressed in fancy pants

All - in the store, in the store

L - there were ants

A - ants!

L - ants!

A - ants!

L - dressed in fancy pants

All - in the corner master store.

Chorus - My eyes are dim, I cannot see, I have not brought my spectacles with me!

Or fast chorus - My eyes are dim, I cannot see, I have not brought my specs with me! I have not brought my spectacles with me!

(You can then add other versus, such as the following:)

There were fleas eating up the cheese!

There were cats wearing fancy hats!

There were pigs dancing funny jigs!

There were slugs sitting on the rugs!

There were dogs balancing on logs!


Join us at Family Storytime in the Main Library Story Theater on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m. for lots and lots more stories, singing, and fun!