Friday, October 17, 2008

Storytime Songs

Here are some songs you can try at home with very young children.

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Eyes and Ears and Mouth and Nose
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

(Repeat five times getting faster, or by eliminating some of the body elements)

Or:

I'm gonna shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Wiggle my wobbles away.

These are fun songs to sing with your kids between stories at home to get them loosened up. Also, stop by our story times at the various branches to sing songs, read stories, make crafts, and interact with other families. We have so much fun, and we want you to have fun at storytime too! Try this link to the website calendar: http://www.lbpl.org/events/youth.asp for youth services calendar of events at all the Long Beach branches. Sincerely, your friendly librarian.