Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Star Storytime




Don't we just love to look at those twinkling stars? Did you know that our sun is a star? Here are the poems we recited, songs we sang, and books we read at STAR storytime.












Poems:

Star light, star bright,

first star I see tonight,

I wish I may, I wish I might

Have the wish I wish tonight



Higher than a house,

Higher than a tree,

Oh whatever can that be?

* * *

A star!



We sang:

Twinkle, twinkle little star,

How I wonder what you are,

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky,

Twinkle, twinkle little star,

How I wonder what you are.



When the blazing sun is set,

And the grass with dew is wet,

Then you show your little light,

Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

We put flannel stars on the flannel board.


We read Star Climbing by Lou Fancher; and Stars! Stars! Stars! by Bob Barner